Le Mot Dit - Out Word

Some spoken word by me, some poems by others, some famous, some not... yet. Quelques pièces orales de moi, quelques poèmes célèbres ou pas... encore. En français et en anglais. In French and in English

Sunday, June 19, 2005

I loved you in ancient Ellas

this is an audio post - click to play


I loved you in ancient Ellas

(For Lisa)

I loved you in ancient Ellas
The drape of cloth, the oiled hair
The body of a boy competing
The Dionysian heights

I loved you in the 1500s
I dreamt your hair wild
Painted it with clouds
My fingertips brushed

And again in the 1600s
The reachable heavens
Touching upon your head
I grew to hold

I loved you in the 1700s
The world crashing down
You rose from the crowd
To open, to open

Remember the 1800s
The long hangover
I wore your flowing shirts
To recover

In the 1900s I loved you
You’d had enough of me
You marched in and finally
I saw you again

I love you now
As the towers crash
I fail at dancing
On the needle’s head

But I loved you most in Eden
I bit the apple
Saw you for the first time
And lifted out of myself

I’ve loved you in the cracks of time

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger pghpoet said...

calls to mind the wonderful movie, 'somewhere in time', a story of reincarnation and 'forever love'. a hauntingly beautiful piece, read expressively. tenderly.

i do believe in eternal recurrence and we recognize those key figures, i am sure. we are packets of soul reunions floating through the cosmos.

as faulkner said, 'the past is never dead. it's not even past.'-
k

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger vagabon said...

Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes, K. I guess it can be read either as a kind of personnal history or as a personnal history of our kind...
I meant it as homage to women who awaken men, and to the one who awakened me.
Thanks dj
v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home